Friday, May 13, 2011

I like Pesto!!!

So, we got our boxes again this week, and they are AWESOME! I forgot to get a picture of everything in the box but I have something better for you.

This week we got:
1 bunch parsley
1 bunch red kale
1 pound strawberries (YUM)
1 bunch of swiss chard
1 bunch of daikon radishes
1 bunch of mustard greens
1 bunch of mizuna
1 head of green leaf lettuce
1 bunch of red beets

So, I am not a huge beet fan, but to be a good host I roasted them all for lunch. They were good, but not something I would jump about eating. I probably wouldn't even help myself to them unless I was really hungry.

This week, I didn't want any of my greens to go soggy, so I looked up proper storing and cutting techniques and started planning early what to do with everything. I got hung up on the daikon radishes though. Do you use radish tops? I had no idea...

So...as usual, when I don't know what to do, I got on the internet! I found a recipe for radish leaf pesto and decided to give it a try. Alicia came over and we made a batch together. I have had pesto before and again, am not a big fan, but thought i would give it a try rather than waste all those tops.



It was DELICIOUS! I would eat it again for sure! I would like to try making some pesto pasta, or a pizza with this pesto on it. It was more "green" tasting than herb.

Give it a try, let me know what you think, tell me what you put it in...
Happy eating :)
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment